Friday 27 April 2012

Received my Angelsounds Doppler :)

Hey all, just a quick update :) 


After hearing JellyBeans heartbeat at my midwife appointment on Monday i was adamant to get myself a home doppler so i can hear JB's heartbeat at home. I've been a bit of a worrier this time around due to last time so i think this will give me the reassurance i need. 
I searched the net to compare different Dopplers; how good they were, prices, reviews etc. The one i picked out is an Angelsounds Fetal Heart Detector by Jumper. I also ordered some Fetal Doppler Ultrasound Gel to use with it. I shall put the links at the bottom of this post but here is a photo i took. 


  
I ordered an the Doppler on Tuesday for next day delivery (Wednesday) but it didn't turn up till today as apparently it got lost somewhere. I did get a bit stressy as i must admit i'm a fairly inpatient person ha ha. 
As soon as i received the package i could not wait to open it up and give it a whirl. 
It is really easy to use, the only thing you need to do first is take the plastic wrapping off the battery first which isn't mentioned anywhere. Once that's done its all ready to go. 
So i found lying down flat is the best position for me. I placed the Doppler just above my pubic bone and at first established where my heart beat is. Its easily recognizable as its a nice steady beat. Once i had found mine i went on to find JellyBean's. I found the best way is to move the Doppler really really slowly, left and right and bang there it was beating nice and strong :D It was such a relief to find it! 
The Doppler comes with a recording cable, so i plugged it into the Doppler and my laptop and started to record JB's little heartbeat. I thought i would upload a link for all you lovely readers where you can listen to it :) 



I must say it is one of the most amazing sounds i have ever heard and one i shall never forget :D I cannot wait for my 12 week scan on Tuesday now :D.

Here are the links for the Doppler and Ultrasound Gel. 



Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment